The Council is supported by the COAG Energy Council Secretariat.
COAG Energy Council Secretariat
Department of the Environment and Energy
GPO Box 787
CANBERRA ACT 2601
(02) 6274 1668
Local energy suppliers
The Australian Energy Regulator provides guidance to consumers on what to do if they are having issues with their energy service, retailer or distributor. You can also contact the relevant ombudsman in your jurisdiction for advice. Links to the websites for the appropriate authorities in each jurisdiction are provided below.
- Australian Capital Territory - ACT Civil and Administrative Tribunal
- New South Wales - Energy & Water Ombudsman NSW
- Northern Territory - Office of the Ombudsman NT
- Queensland - Energy and Water Ombudsman Queensland
- South Australia - Energy Industry Ombudsman South Australia
- Tasmania - Energy Ombudsman Tasmania
- Victoria - Energy and Water Ombudsman (Victoria)
- Western Australia - Energy and Water Ombudsman WA