Review of the Limited Merits Review Regime - Interim Stage Two Report (August 2012)
Publication date: Friday, 31st August 2012.
A limited merits review regime was introduced in the National Electricity Law (NEL) on 1 January 2008 and the National Gas Law (NGL) on 1 July 2008. The regime provides parties affected by the decisions of the energy regulator, or other relevant decision maker under the NEL or NGL, with recourse to a review mechanism.
On 9 December 2011, the former Standing Council on Energy and Resources agreed to bring forward the review of the limited merits review regime in light of increasing concerns relating to the operation of the regime. On 7 March 2012, an Expert Panel was established by the Council for the purpose of undertaking the Review (Standing Council on Energy and Resources Bulletin No. 1 refers).
Having finalised the Stage One Report and, following that, consultation on a third discussion paper setting out issues and questions for Stage Two of the Review of the Limited Merits Review Regime in July 2012, the Expert Panel released an interim report on Stage Two and invited stakeholders to make submissions in response to it. All stakeholder submissions received in response to this consultation process are available below, excluding where stakeholders clearly indicated that a submissions should remain confidential, either in whole or in part.
- Review of the Limited Merits Review Regime - Discussion Paper Three (July 2012)
- Review of the Limited Merits Review Regime - Stage One Report (June 2012)
- Review of the Limited Merits Review Regime - Interim Stage One Report (April 2012)
- Review of the Limited Merits Review Regime - Consultation Paper Two (March 2012)
- Review of the Limited Merits Review Regime - Consultation Paper One (March 2012)