2nd COAG Energy Council Meeting Communique
Publication date: Thursday, 11th December 2014.
The second meeting of the COAG Energy Council was held in Adelaide on 11 December 2014. Its focus was on the major challenges facing energy markets and resource development.
Under a new format designed to improve the strategic focus of the Council, Ministers heard from stakeholders and key experts on the challenges and opportunities facing the nation's resources and energy sectors.
The discussion considered emerging challenges under six themes:
- Generation - reducing investment uncertainty
- Networks - securing benefits of technological change
- Retail - enhancing a national approach
- Energy productivity - improving energy use decisions
- Natural gas - accelerating market transformation
- Resources - productivity and development.